Do you work directly with other teachers to improve mathematics teaching and learning? If so, then this conference is for you! Instructional coaches, curriculum coordinators, lead mathematics teachers, administrators and others who work directly with other teachers need the opportunity to collaborate with other professionals serving these roles for their districts. The CMSE began hosting this conference in 2011 in order to meet the needs of those individuals who are working to impact instructional changes among teachers in their schools.
The Mathematics Specialist Conference is an annual conference presented by The Center for Mathematics and Science Education. The conference was developed to help Mathematics Specialists, Mathematics Coaches, Lead Mathematics Teachers, or other professionals working directly with teachers better serve their school and district.
Comments from Last Year’s Attendees
Loved it! Can’t wait until next year!
Please, please, please continue to offer opportunities like this! This is the type of PD teachers need to bring MS and the nation to the top!
Topics for the MSC 2012 included:
- Connecting the Standards for Mathematical Practice to Classroom Instructional Practices – Keynote by Dr. Joel Amidon
- Lesson Planning for the Common Core State Standards for Mathematics
- Effectively Observing and Modeling in the Mathematics Classroom
- Designing Professional Development for MathematicsTeachers
- CMSE Opportunities for Everyone
- and more!
Check out some of the pictures from last year’s conference below.
Interested in attending this year’s conference?