Keys to Mathematical Success
Quality mathematics instruction has fundamental practices that set the stage for mathematical success for all students. These effective mathematics teaching practices include:
- Establish mathematics goals to focus learning
- Implement tasks that promote reasoning and problem solving
- Use and connect mathematical representations
- Facilitate meaningful mathematical discourse
- Pose purposeful questions
- Build procedural fluency from conceptual understanding
- Support productive struggle in learning mathematics
- Elicit and use evidence of student thinking (NCTM, 2014)
In this two-day session, participants will explore how teachers can implement these practices and impact student learning.
July 1-2, 2021
9:00a.m. – 4:00p.m. each day
There will be a one-hour lunch break on your own each day.
K-12 Teachers, Instructional Coaches, and Administrators