Science and Engineering Practices
What does science look like in action? Age appropriate practices of science and engineering are embedded into the MS College – and Career-Readiness Standards for Science.
Science and Engineering Practices Include:
- Ask Questions (science) and Define Problems (engineering)
- Develop and Use Models
- Plan and Conduct Investigations
- Analyze and Interpret Data
- Use Mathematical and Computational Thinking
- Construct Explanations (science) and Design Solutions (engineering)
- Engage in Scientific Argument from Evidence
- Obtain, Evaluate, and Communicate Information
Join us to examine these eight Science and Engineering Practices (SEPs) as we look at performance objectives in the grade(s) and courses you teach.
December 11, 2020
9:00 a.m. – 3:00 p.m. (one hour lunch break on your own)
Jackson Avenue Center – Room Q24, Oxford, MS
November 30, 2020
Registration is limited to 18 participants to accommodate social distancing.
Dr. Whitney Jackson
Professional Development Coordinator
Center for Mathematics and Science Education
The University of Mississippi
CEU credits are processed electronically by North Mississippi Education Consortium. Please allow 3-4 weeks for processing. Participants will be notified via email from NMEC once credits are available for download.
For information on how to download CEU certificates please click the link below
Registration Fee (includes CEUs):
Payments can be made via:
- Personal Check,
- Money Order,
- School Purchase Order, or
- Credit/Debit Card*.
Once registration is received, an invoice will be emailed to the address on record. The invoice number will be needed to process credit/debit card payments.
*A $5.00 processing fee (per registrant) will be added to all credit/debit card payments.
- Participants will be seated at individual tables (6 feet apart).
- Masks must be worn.
- Participants will have an individual set of materials that will be disinfected prior to and after use.
- Bottled water and individual wrapped snacks will be available;
No coffee will be provided.
- Hand sanitizer will be available.
- Maximum room capacity is 20 people to allow for social distancing.
Registration Deadline November 30, 2020