Mississippi FIRST ® Challenge Program
We are the Program Delivery Organization for the FIRST Tech Challenge robotics program in Mississippi. We are here to support your team and help you get started. The registration process is handled on the national website. Of course, you may contact us to discuss the process at any time.
FIRST has a page dedicated to helping you Start a Team: https://www.firstinspires.org/robotics/ftc/start-a-team. Teams come in all shapes and sizes. However, the required components for the team are:
- Two or more adult coaches or mentors.
- 3-15 participants aged from 13-18 (grades 7-12)
- Teams may be of mixed age and gender
Once you have decided to start a team, please read the following points to help get you going.
- If this is the first time you are participating, please explore the rookie grant opportunities at https://www.firstinspires.org/robotics/team-grants and contact us as we have a Mississippi Rookie grant available for you.
- School affiliation is not required, but a central organization or location where students meet and work on their robot is important. To simulate the playing field, a 12 foot by 12 foot area should be available at times, especially close to the date of an event.
- Gather all your participants and coaches names and register your team on the FIRST Dashboard (www.firstinspires.org). Each participant will have to register their own account on that page.
- Once you have paid FIRST the registration fee, you will be given your official team number. This number will stay with the team each year.
- Contact Mannie Lowe by email (email@example.com) or by phone (662-915-6621) to us know that you are registered with FIRST. He will then provide you with further instructions