Mississippi FIRST Tech Challenge
Start a team:
Once you have decided to start a team the following steps should allow you to get through all of the important points. If you are a rookie team (first time) please explore the grant opportunities at FIRST Tech Challenge Grants.
- Make sure you have a group of students ready. If the students are new to FIRST® or competitive technology, based programs and under the age of 13, you may want to consider FIRST Lego League. Click here to learn more about FIRST Lego League.
- An adult who will act as a main contact and is able to communicate through email is important. Almost all information about the program comes through email. Regular reading of these updates will make a team more successful.
- School affiliation is not required but a central organization where students meet and work on their machine is important. To simulate the playing field a 12 foot by 12 foot area should be available at times, especially close to the date of an event.
- When registering through TIMS, you will be asked to pay your registration fee.
- Once paid, you will be given your official team number. This number will stay with the team each year.
- Contact Mannie Lowe by email (email@example.com) or by phone (662.915.6621) to let us know that you are registered through TIMS. Mannie Lowe will then provide you with further instructions via email.